Galileo Clients in the News
August 10, 2020
Companies powered by Galileo’s industry-leading, API-based payments processing platform continue to make headlines. From award recognitions to podcasts to new valuations and unicorns, Galileo’s roster of leading fintechs and challenger banks showcase innovation and commitment.
• MoneyLion, a new Galileo partner, just launched RoarMoney, an advanced mobile banking experience with a contactless mobile wallet. MoneyLion was recently recognized in Aite Group’s 2020 Inaugural Innovations Awards for the Best Digital Multiproduct Offering.
• Several payments processing clients from Galileo’s roster of heavyweight fintechs topped PYMNTS.com’s Digital Banking Apps Ranked list, including KOHO, Monzo and Revolut.
• TransferWise confirmed its new $5 billion valuation, a 43 percent increase since May 2019, following its secondary share sale.
• Varo joined the Bank On It podcast as well as the 11:FS Fintech Insider Podcast to talk about the company’s plans and the future of fintech.
• Qube Money launched a banking solution where consumers activate their money on a debit card in real time before each purchase.
• BitPay introduced the first Mastercard prepaid card for cryptocurrency in the U.S.
• Aspiration launched an initiative, called Plant Your Change, for customers to round up purchases and contribute those funds toward planting trees.
• Paysafe achieved CarbonNeutral® status as part of its ongoing commitment to the environment and corporate responsibility.
• Digital remittance platform Remitly joined the exclusive unicorn club with an $85 million funding round that pushed its valuation to $1.5 billion.
• Shopping and delivery service Shipt saw a 278 percent increase in revenue in Q1 2020 versus 2019 and hired double the shoppers, supporting the gig economy and consumer needs during the pandemic.
We’re proud to be the API standard for card issuing for fintechs, challenger banks and companies worldwide. For more news and insights, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Enjoy our Insights?
Galileo Enables AI-Driven Conversational Banking Engine with Cyberbank Konecta-as-a-Service
Financial institutions, fintechs, and non-financial brands alike can leverage custom-made AI engine to increase customer engagement and loyalty with reduced operational costs.
Galileo, Technisys Continue Strong Growth in Q4
Galileo adds 6.4 million new accounts, bringing the companies’ total combined accounts to 130.7 million at the end of Q4—a 31% YoY increase.
Galileo Launches Direct Deposit Switch Powered by Atomic
Galileo Direct Deposit Switch integrates Atomic’s automated payroll connectivity to offer the ease and convenience that consumers expect from their financial services provider today.
Galileo Launches Buy Now, Pay Later for Banks + Fintechs
Galileo today announced a buy now, pay later (BNPL) solution with issuance of single-use virtual cards and complete loan servicing.
Galileo to Power Fintech Pomelo’s ‘Remit Now, Pay Later’ Credit Card to Boost Financial Access
Galileo announced today that its API-enabled financial technology powers Pomelo.
Galileo Names Charles Schwarz SVP of Client Success for North America
A digital banking veteran with more than 20 years of industry experience, Schwarz will help support growth and satisfaction for Galileo clients.