Supplement for California Residents- Last Updated November 2020
California residents have the following rights. To exercise one of these rights, please provide a verifiable consumer request by calling us toll-free at 1-833-826-7792, or emailing us at [email protected]. You will not need to create an account to exercise Your rights, but if You do not have an account We may require additional information to verify the authenticity of Your request.
• Request that We disclose, free of charge (unless Your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive), the categories and specific pieces of personal information that We have collected in the preceding 12 months.
• Request that We delete personal information about You that We may have collected.
• Request that, for personal information that We have collected in the preceding 12 months, We disclose, free of charge (unless Your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive), the categories of personal information that We have collected about You, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom We share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information We have collected about You.
• Request that, for personal information that We have sold or disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, We disclose, free of charge (unless Your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive), the categories of personal information that We have collected about You, the categories of personal information that We have sold about You, the categories of third parties to whom each category of personal information was sold, the categories of personal information that We have disclosed about You for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom each category of personal information was disclosed.
• Direct us, at any time, not to sell Your personal information. We want to clarify that We do not “sell” Your information. Since We do not sell Your information, no request to opt-out of sale is necessary. If You are under the age of 16, You are not authorized to use the Service. We do not have actual knowledge that We sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Before We can fulfill the consumer requests noted above, We must verify Your identity. If You have a password-protected account with us, We can verify Your identity through our existing authentication procedures for Your account. However, We will require You to re-authenticate Yourself before We can disclose or delete any of Your information.
If You do not have a password-protected account with us, You may provide us with Your name, telephone number, email address, company name, Galileo account type (Instant, Pro, job applicant, or none of the above), home address, and corporate address, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that You are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We will match this information to the personal information We maintain.
You can also authorize another person, called an agent, to exercise Your rights on Your behalf. You must provide the authorized agent written and signed permission to act on Your behalf. We may deny requests from an authorized agent who does not submit proof that he or she has been authorized to act on Your behalf. Furthermore, We may require You to verify Your identity directly with us. We may also require You to directly confirm with us that You have provided the authorized agent permission to submit a request on Your behalf. An authorized agent can make a request on Your behalf by either calling us at 1-833-826-7792, or by emailing us at [email protected].
We may not discriminate against You because You exercised any of Your rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
(A) Denying goods or services to You.
(B) Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
(C) Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You.
(D) Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Categories of Information We Collect, Sell, or Disclose For A Business Purpose
In the previous twelve (12) months we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers. This list also shows the categories of information we have sold in the previous twelve (12) months and the categories of information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the previous twelve (12) months.
|Category of Personal Information||Collected||Sold||Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers||Yes||No||Yes|
|Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statute, Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), such as name, address, telephone number, and credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information||Yes||No||Yes|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as birth date||Yes||No||Yes|
|Commercial information, including records of products purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies such as activity in the sandbox||Yes||No||Yes|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, information regarding Your interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement||Yes||No||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information||Yes||No||Yes|
|Inferences drawn from Your personal information to create a profile reflecting Your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, etc.||No||No||No|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||No||No||No|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. 1232(g), 34 C.F.R. Part 99) (for job applicants only)||No||No||No|
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from You or your authorized agents. For example, from forms you complete or from communications you have with Galileo.
• Indirectly from You. For example, from your actions on our website (www.galileo-ft.com).
• Service Providers
• Public record sources
The Business Purposes For Which We Collect or Disclose Your Personal Information
We may collect or disclose personal information for the following business purposes:
• Performing the Services for business consumers, such as processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, creating, maintaining, and servicing accounts, verifying business customer information, undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Galileo, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Galileo, providing advertising or marketing services, and providing analytics services;
• detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; and
• collecting and processing applications for employment
• As required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including responding to law enforcement requests
The Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
Below is a list of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information:
• Services Providers and vendors who provide services such as data analytics, customer relationship management, employment recruiting, and card fulfillment
• Issuing Banks
Categories of Personal Information That We Have Disclosed For A Business Purpose
Below is a list of information that we disclose for a Business Purpose:
• Know Your Business/Know Your Customer Information
• Company Information
XII. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. The Service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Service. If at any time You would like to opt out of online tracking or behavioral advertising, please contact us at [email protected].
XIII. Shine the Light Notice